Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig Review
KS Woodwork Rating (3 out of 4)
- Adjustable for various thicknesses of lumber.
- Compact size will fit in smaller spaces than K3 jig.
- Convenient carrying case.
- Steel drill bit guides means superior quality product to competition.
- Sampling of screws included.
- Screws available at local retailers including Lowes.
- Face clamps not included.
- 6” face clamps expensive at $25.00
- Jig setup time greater than bench mounted K3 jig.
Review – Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig
I saw this product demonstrated at a woodworking show last fall. I recently had a problem that this product could solve. I purchased the kit at Lowes for $40.00 with assorted containers of additional screws that cost extra. I also purchased an additional driver set due to uncertainty about the quality. The clamps are rather expensive at $25.00 for a 6 inch face clamp. I used a similar clamp from harbor freight that cost $6.99 and has an 11 inch reach.
- The product is neatly organized in a case that is easy to store.
- Detailed instructions are attached to the inside of the case lid. There is no worry about losing an instruction manual.
- An assortment of screws are provided to try
- Additional screws can be purchased at many hardware retailers. They are available in coarse and fine screw threads in a variety of lengths.
- A sample set of wood plugs are included with the kit.
- Here is the 2 driver bit set that can be purchased for an additional cost. The screws have square drive heads
- This is the clamp purchased from Harbor Freight. The Item number is 39535 and can be purchased for $6.99
Woodsmith Woodworking Seminars recently had an excellent video showing the use of many models of the Kreg pocket hole jig.
The video can be seen at: Pocket Hole Joinery
Buy it Here:
|Kreg Jig R3
The newest offering from Kreg is the perfect pocket hole jig for the Do-It-Yourselfer! Allows you to put pocket holes together more quickly than ever before. Simply drill pocket holes and drive self-..